Who We Are
The Green River Memorial Baptist Church
is the legacy of the Lone Valley and Pike's Ridge Baptist Churches. Lone Valley Baptist Church was formed in the Lone Valley community of Taylor County, Kentucky along the Robinson Creek. The church was formally chartered in 1907 after several years of informal meetings in the local schoolhouse.
In 1930, poor roads and frequently difficult travel conditions led members of Lone Valley Baptist Church to form the Pike's Ridge Baptist Church. The two existed as close but separate congregations until plans were unveiled for Green River Lake. After extensive negotiations, both congregations voted to unify and move out of the flood basin on April 12, 1964.
Current facilities at 3441 Old Columbia Road were completed in early 1965 and the first services were held on February 28th, 1965. We exist for the sole purpose of glorifying God as revealed in the Trinity. We are a member of the Taylor County Baptist Association, the Kentucky Baptist Convention, and the Southern Baptist Convention.
Service times are as follows:
Sunday School - 10 AM
Sunday Morning Worship - 11 AM
Sunday Evening Bible Study - 6:30 PM
Wednesday Night Adult Services/Youth/BIG and LITTLE FISH - Wednesdays, 6:30 PM
1. We believe in and place our faith in the Triune God: God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19). Each plays a separate, unique, integral role in the process of man's salvation.
2. We believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God, and that it is the only authority by which we shall live our lives (2 Peter 1:21).
3. We believe in sin, and that beginning with Adam all mankind has fallen short of God's perfect standard (Romans 3:23).
4. We believe that our only defense at death shall be the perfection of Christ, which he has freely offered to any and all who will accept him as Lord and Savior. This we refer to as justification (2 Corinthians 5:21, 1 John 2:2).
5. We believe that through the power of the Holy Spirit, we are made more like Christ with each passing moment through obedience to his teaching. This we refer to as sanctification (Romans 12:1-2).
6. We believe that those who have placed their faith in Christ are eternally secure, and that salvation can neither be taken nor lost (John 10:27-30; 1 John 5:13).
7. We believe in judgment and eternity for all: some to unending life, some to unending death (Matthew 25:31-46).
8. We believe that the only scriptural officers are bishops (or pastors) and deacons, whose qualifications are specifically defined in the books of Timothy and Titus.
9. We believe that Jesus Christ is the great Head of the Church and that each church is autonomous (Acts 14:23).
10. We believe that believer’s baptism (Matthew 28:19) and the Lord’s Supper (Luke 22:19) are the only two ordinances of the church, given to her by Christ.
11. All Christians are to live in obedience to the teachings of Christ (1 John 2:6).
Our Vision and Mission
Our Vision: To be a church that fosters relationship
Between you and God
Between you and other believers (the church)
Between you and the world (those who do not have faith in Christ).
Our Mission: To glorify God
We glorify him individually through worship and witness. We are purposeful in living our faith outside the church walls.
We glorify him collectively. We seek to honor God in our worship, our fellowship, and our hardship together.
Rev. (James) Jamie Bennett
On staff since: August 2008
Education: B.S. in Pastor Ministries, Campbellsville University, 2006 M.Th. Campbellsville University, 2009
Credentials: Licensed and Ordained by Pleasant Valley Baptist Church, Horse Cave, KY
Minister of Music
On Staff Since: October 2008
Career: Director of Bands, Taylor County Public Schools
Education: Bachelor of Arts in Music Education, Campbellsville University, 2004 Masters of Music Education, Campbellsville University, 2010
Minister of Youth
Currently Accepting Applications
Affiliates and Partnerships
Volunteer Background Check
We value the souls that are entrusted to us, by God and by families. Each member of the church who works with our children and youth must undergo a background check or present a background check performed by a trustworthy agency. If you are interested in volunteering in our youth or children's programs, please fill out the form below.
Though not a primary function of the church, GRMBC is often able to accomodate public and private events that do not contradict our core values. Fill out the form below, and someone will get back with you as time allows. If you are part of a school or civic organization, we're thrilled to partner with you to minister to our community. Fill out the worm, then call the church and explain your need for the facility. Playground facilities are open to all from dawn to dusk, but risk of injury is the sole responsibility of those using the playground.